New flash cart in development

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
Tribe1l

Re: New flash cart in development

Post by Tribe1l »

zoranc wrote:No promises yet, but I hope to share some news the coming weekend.
Excellent!
crossztc

Post by crossztc »

zoranc wrote:No promises yet, but I hope to share some news the coming weekend.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pikpol
PM.net Staff

Post by Pikpol »

Great to discover that there is a new card in development. It was this Friday when I contacted the seller of the revision 2.1 cart and two days later I read this. Can't wait to buy it and test it out. I also want to create some games with it. But I hope it won't be too expensive.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

I've visited the developer on Friday.

Last week he made a small redesign of the cart. There was an aspect of his last design I wasn't happy with. Now the current one seems to be fine. Will have to wait until it's produced to know if all is as I desire it to be. Trying not to spoil too much, you know... ;)

On the flasher I picked the case for it. Now he is making the PCB design fit that case, which BTW will look very nice IMO. Once flasher is ready and tested with currently produced carts, he will produce the redesigned, hopefully final version of the carts.

On the rough ETA I'd say something like two months until we have it on sale. Lets hope all goes fine. Will keep you posted on any development!
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

This is very exciting. I have a question for you now... I believe Lupin's design didn't include an enclosure for the PCB so you had to gut a Pokemon Mini game and replace the PCB. Will this flash cart include the shell?
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

RazorLeafAttack wrote:Will this flash cart include the shell?
Details are still not ironed but probably it will have one. Also it is possible that we'll offer one without it, at reduced price. Again those are more of educated guesses rather than a firm promises.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

zoranc wrote: probably it will have one.
Gotcha. I will just say that for the preservation of Pokémon Mini collecting it would be much better to not have a game drop out of circulation for every flash cart that is made. I hope this sort of thing is taken into consideration when launching this new cart.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

RazorLeafAttack wrote:I will just say that for the preservation of Pokémon Mini collecting it would be much better to not have a game drop out of circulation for every flash cart that is made.
It is something we consider for sure! But there are other aspects too. Building a tooling for the new case is very expensive and time consuming. The game "Party" almost everyone has, and I guess we all would rather have that game disappear from the face of earth. :mrgreen: Also removing few dozens of games from circulation wouldn't impact availability for collecting (I have such a number in my possession already). ;)
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Gotcha. I realize that injection molding can be very expensive. I'm just looking at this from the perspective of a pokemon mini owner with only 2 games, and no dupes, though I'm quite new to the community.
rufus10

Post by rufus10 »

zoranc wrote:I've visited the developer on Friday.

Last week he made a small redesign of the cart. There was an aspect of his last design I wasn't happy with. Now the current one seems to be fine. Will have to wait until it's produced to know if all is as I desire it to be. Trying not to spoil too much, you know... ;)

On the flasher I picked the case for it. Now he is making the PCB design fit that case, which BTW will look very nice IMO. Once flasher is ready and tested with currently produced carts, he will produce the redesigned, hopefully final version of the carts.

On the rough ETA I'd say something like two months until we have it on sale. Lets hope all goes fine. Will keep you posted on any development!
Great to hear! I'm really excited to hear more news :D