Hello World in C

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
VirtualChris

Hello World in C

Post by VirtualChris »

I want to do SOMETHING for the Pokemon Mini, even if it's just as simple as putting "Hello World" on the screen. Since I don't have Linux and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to use it, I downloaded the pmdev file that supposedly works with C programming, something which I have done before with Virtual Boy programming. But I don't even know where to begin. There's a bunch of C files, and I would know how to make my own, but what I don't know is Pokemon-Mini-only commands and how to compile a C file to work on an emulator. Has anyone dealt with C programming on the Pokemon Mini before and if so, can someone tell me what to do? I am so lost, and the Pokemon Mini needs more attention from me than it's getting. It's such a great machine.
zoranc

Re: Hello World in C

Post by zoranc »

Probably easiest is to provide binaries for windows and a simple batch script to compile and assemble. The bigger problems are the capabilities of the compiler (memory limitation) and most importantly it's bugs (overlapping labels, too bad i found out about it too late)...

I am looking into making it better but can't promise anything yet.