Pac-It for Pokemon Mini

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
VirtualChris

Re: Pac-It for Pokemon Mini

Post by VirtualChris »

Fully playable game. I have another idea for a game, so I might just do a Pokemon Party Mini 2. But for now, here is my game. What do you think? (At the two minute mark, the fish start moving faster!)
http://www.atari2600land.com/pokemonmin ... meonly.zip
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Good so far. The movement and collision and health/time all seem to be working perfectly. From your first screenshots, there were supposed to be food or something right? It doesn't show up for me in this version? Will there be those with points or something later (or does it just restore health)?
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Yeah, I got rid of the plant at the bottom. I thought it made the game too easy.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

zoranc

Post by zoranc »

Cool to have more games coming for this little sucker! Nice animation of Maril walking!

You did it all in assembler, right?
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Yep. And what's more, I figured out how to make music. As it turns out, I was using an older version of PMAS, version 1.5. I kept getting error messages when I tried to compile the music files included. I thought 2.0 was for Win32 only, but it apparently also works on Win64 as well.
Toolshrink

Post by Toolshrink »

If you make another game it would be much appreciated if you could make a small YouTube tutorial as you make it as I would love to learn how others make a game for the Pokémon mini! :D
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Started work on a second minigame for the Party. "Electrode's Eventful Evening." To get to it, press Right on the "Moving Marill" title screen. In it, Electrode is rolling along on a sidewalk. Press left to go left and right to go right.
http://www.atari2600land.com/pokemonmin ... meonly.zip
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Not much lately going on with Pokemon Party Mini 2. I'll work on it later this week once my interest spikes back up with hopefully my new game arrival of Pokemon Race Mini. I did however, add a few houses in the background of Electrode's Eventful Evening.
So you may wonder what I have planned for this game. Well, sparks of electricity indicated by lightning bolts will appear on the sidewalk and Electrode's job is to get to them without hitting a snail that will be walking around on the screen. It's sort of like Pokesnake only with changes to it. Here is a link to the latest version (as of May 27.)
http://www.atari2600land.com/pokemonmini/ppmtwo1a.zip
scyther

Post by scyther »

Really cool!