Pac-It for Pokemon Mini

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
VirtualChris

Re: Pac-It for Pokemon Mini

Post by VirtualChris »

Worked for a little bit on the game today. Started work on the jumping Kangaskhan doodle-jump-type game. All you can do now is change which direction he faces. I wish I had some way to test this on a real Pokemon Mini.
Kangaskhan keeps jumping
Kangaskhan keeps jumping
p3.png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 24266 times
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

I was trying to code another game but am having problems. The ticker won't change and nothing will work past title_screen: (line 132 in the attached code.) What am I doing wrong?!
Attachments
ftff1.zip
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 1298 times
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

What is the address of the ticker variable? I guess it is not in the RAM hence you can't increment it... Second (less likely) guess is that you are addressing wrong page with the segment register.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

So I put the variables in RAM and it started working, which is odd because I didn't have to do that with the first game I did.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Apparently logging into this forum is an Easter egg. Nothing for at least 10 days and then spam. I learned something, however: Making a Doodle-Jump-type game is easy to do in assembler if you only have 2 platforms to worry about.
I have been working on a mini-game called Kangaskhan Keeps Jumping. This is the Doodle-Jump-game I'm talking about. So please tell me what you think of it so far.
Attachments
pokemonpartytwo11.min
Pokemon Party Mini 2 - July 27, 2018
(29.75 KiB) Downloaded 1251 times
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Aaand, nobody cares. Where is everyone? It's like a ghost town here. Nevertheless, I continued work on this and made improvements to the down movement of the platforms.
Attachments
pokemonpartytwo13.min
Pokemon Party Mini 2 - July 28, 2018
(29.75 KiB) Downloaded 1314 times
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

Changed the clouds, the numbers, and added a C button press to exit the game at any time. What do you think of my new clouds?
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

Game and clouds look good! I’ll try it out on a PM once I’m around a PC to load it. Keep it up!
mixiekins
Admin

Post by mixiekins »

VirtualChris wrote:Aaand, nobody cares. Where is everyone? It's like a ghost town here.
I've noticed that, even if the notifications are enabled, no emails are arriving lately (and by lately I mean for the past few months). I've checked my spam and bulk folders but there's nothing coming in from PMs nor thread subscriptions, so I think there may be a problem. I wouldn't take it personally, because I would guess that it's not just me, perhaps a mod can have a look at the mailserver logs and run some tests (I'm happy to volunteer as a guinea pig).
cZizzy

Post by cZizzy »

The kangaskhan jumping game is fun! The most satisfying part for me is hitting platforms consecutively without dropping back down.

here's my highscore on emu (with occasional pausing/stalling on platforms):
snapshot.jpg
snapshot.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 21942 times