Price questions

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
Post Reply
ytsu12
Posts: 6
Joined: September 15th, 2016, 00:34

Price questions

Post by ytsu12 » September 15th, 2016, 10:59

I am wondering if these prices are reasonable for all mint condition games that are sealed?

Pokemon Race Mini
Pokemon Pichu Bros Party Mini
Pokemon Breeder Mini
Pokemon Puzzle Collection 2
Pokemon Tetris
- For this package = 1400usd


and Togepi's Great Adventure - For this game = 1600usd

zoranc
Posts: 297
Joined: August 13th, 2010, 18:13
Contact:

Re: Price questions

Post by zoranc » September 16th, 2016, 15:19

ytsu12 wrote:I am wondering if these prices are reasonable for all mint condition games that are sealed?

Pokemon Race Mini
Pokemon Pichu Bros Party Mini
Pokemon Breeder Mini
Pokemon Puzzle Collection 2
Pokemon Tetris
- For this package = 1400usd


and Togepi's Great Adventure - For this game = 1600usd
Hard to tell. The market for those is not super liquid. As an avid collector (have 3 sets of all 10 games CIB) I can tell you my gut feeling - prices seem to me a little high but not unreasonable. My opinion 30-40% lower would be pretty reasonable.

ytsu12
Posts: 6
Joined: September 15th, 2016, 00:34

Re: Price questions

Post by ytsu12 » September 16th, 2016, 23:14

zoranc wrote:
ytsu12 wrote:I am wondering if these prices are reasonable for all mint condition games that are sealed?

Pokemon Race Mini
Pokemon Pichu Bros Party Mini
Pokemon Breeder Mini
Pokemon Puzzle Collection 2
Pokemon Tetris
- For this package = 1400usd


and Togepi's Great Adventure - For this game = 1600usd
Hard to tell. The market for those is not super liquid. As an avid collector (have 3 sets of all 10 games CIB) I can tell you my gut feeling - prices seem to me a little high but not unreasonable. My opinion 30-40% lower would be pretty reasonable.
Oh ok, thank you!

ytsu12
Posts: 6
Joined: September 15th, 2016, 00:34

Re: Price questions

Post by ytsu12 » September 16th, 2016, 23:16

zoranc wrote:
ytsu12 wrote:I am wondering if these prices are reasonable for all mint condition games that are sealed?

Pokemon Race Mini
Pokemon Pichu Bros Party Mini
Pokemon Breeder Mini
Pokemon Puzzle Collection 2
Pokemon Tetris
- For this package = 1400usd


and Togepi's Great Adventure - For this game = 1600usd
Hard to tell. The market for those is not super liquid. As an avid collector (have 3 sets of all 10 games CIB) I can tell you my gut feeling - prices seem to me a little high but not unreasonable. My opinion 30-40% lower would be pretty reasonable.
Are you selling any of your games currently?

User avatar
YasaSheep
Posts: 195
Joined: November 20th, 2005, 04:04
Location: Portland (Also the discord)
Contact:

Re: Price questions

Post by YasaSheep » September 17th, 2016, 21:08

Note to self: buy sealed duplicates the next time a big name releases a doomed console. :(

Also you didn't mention the region for the ones that were released in other regions. Are they all JP?

ytsu12
Posts: 6
Joined: September 15th, 2016, 00:34

Re: Price questions

Post by ytsu12 » September 18th, 2016, 08:26

Wa wrote:Note to self: buy sealed duplicates the next time a big name releases a doomed console. :(

Also you didn't mention the region for the ones that were released in other regions. Are they all JP?
All of the ones that come in english are english and the other are japanese

rufus10
Posts: 41
Joined: May 11th, 2016, 21:10

Re: Price questions

Post by rufus10 » September 20th, 2016, 20:34

In my experience it really depends. I was lucky enough to get a complete 10 game set with 5 pokemon mini systems and some accesories about a year ago on a japanese auction site for about £250. But deals like that are hard to come by. I suggest paying attention to lots of different sites and hoping you get lucky.

VectrexRoli
Posts: 8
Joined: January 16th, 2015, 13:41
Contact:

Re: Price questions

Post by VectrexRoli » September 22nd, 2016, 20:28

In my opinion it is really hard to say for the Pokemon Mini system. I collect also for other systems like Nintendo Virtual Boy or Vectrex and there it is almost impossible to find great deals nowadays.
Currently when it comes to the Pokemon Mini system you still can find great deals, I for example did pay around 200 EUR including shipping and customs for a Japanese system + all games, you can see that around 24:02 in this video here I posted also in another thread:
https://youtu.be/5IAYADHBSm8

So if you want to buy stuff, you just have to wait and watch other sites than just eBay and it seems there are not that many hardcore collectors out there compared to other systems. It will be interesting to see if there will be a change in the future, maybe more people that had such a system will want one or maybe Pokemon fans from the US that never had that system will want one.

Post Reply