A new way to backlight.

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Re: A new way to backlight.

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

I offered to send a spare "for parts only" unit that has one direction on the d-pad not functioning. I got it for $20 so not a huge loss if it helps progress the production of Pokémon Mini backlights. That should be in the mail tomorrow.

None of this would be happening if not for your initiative, asdfqwer. Well, Kyle at Hand Held Legend too.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

Cool! Glad to hear that there is development on this subject!
asdfqwer426

Post by asdfqwer426 »

razoreleafattacks, thats awesome. I'm sure kyle will manage to get it all put in and make a far FAR better guide than I ever could.

I've had a lot of luck with talking to gameboy modding store owners before. I've talked to the owner of "mortoff games" about making reproductions of certain special edition pokemon gameboy screen lenses and he has said he could do it. (come to think of it, if someone would sacrifice a pokemon-mini lens, maybe the same thing could happen. any really scratched units out there?) the modding community is pretty niche and the people that know how to get parts want to make them available. luckily for all of us.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Heck yeah, Mortoff Games is my go-to parts shop. William is great.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Things are moving along!
https://instagram.com/p/BV4-UiuB-gQ/
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Things are moving along still. Got an email yesterday and the newsletter from HHL went out today. Here's the web version http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f6 ... d21ce94f84
scyther

Post by scyther »

Great news. That will help with playing in the dark. Hopefully it will support the PM community and will not prove unsellable.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Yeah, I really hope it also helps build new interest and awareness among the surprisingly large number of people in the gameboy modding community. I will be getting one of the sample units soon so I'll post pics of the mod once it's finished.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

I just started a new thread as it marks a major mark of progress for the Pokemon Mini community. HHL has backlights available in several colors. See the new thread here: http://www.pokemon-mini.net/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=1097