New flash cart in development

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
retronintendonerd

Re: New flash cart in development

Post by retronintendonerd »

zoranc wrote:Short update on the current status. Its both good and bad.

As you saw from my last post we got the redesigned cart produced. It is only layout changes no functional/connectivity changes whatsoever. So it should had run fine, right? Well turns out one of the traces wasn't properly soldered hence the thing doesn't work. Unfortunately due to misunderstanding with the PCB shop, it was a single cart that was produced. Hence we can't check if it's a random problem (those things happen with the PCB production) or a systematic one.

Also there is a delay in producing those, partially due to personal issues that my friend experiences at the moment.

On the bright side, one of the reliability problems that the old revision experienced was due to a software bug in the VHDL code. A change was implemented and briefly tested on the old cart, and it seems to fix the issue.
Some update is better than no update. Sucks to hear about the bumps in the road but I'm confident you'll get there. If/when these become available what's the ballpark price you're thinking they'll be?
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

That’s rough, being so close and having to wait who knows how long to see if it’s just a manufacturing issue, or if there’s actually a design issue.

Thanks for the update!
thefred

Post by thefred »

How much ram is on the cart? how many games can be installed at once?
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

Another update. Carts are produced. They are at the PCB shop now. Delay was caused by another order which required different temperature setup and our PCBs might had turn defective. That is presumably likely the cause of the current defect of the one produced cart.

My friend is sick at the moment, but I hope he would be able to take them on Monday. There are 10 carts produced. Then he'd need to solder the connectors himself (the story why I don't want to enter). I hope for the best this time, but lets see!
kingsoldier

Post by kingsoldier »

zoranc wrote:Another update. Carts are produced. They are at the PCB shop now. Delay was caused by another order which required different temperature setup and our PCBs might had turn defective. That is presumably likely the cause of the current defect of the one produced cart.

My friend is sick at the moment, but I hope he would be able to take them on Monday. There are 10 carts produced. Then he'd need to solder the connectors himself (the story why I don't want to enter). I hope for the best this time, but lets see!
Can’t find them. Already sold out?
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

kingsoldier wrote: Can’t find them. Already sold out?
They haven't gone up for sale. Still in progress.
kingsoldier

Post by kingsoldier »

RazorLeafAttack wrote:
kingsoldier wrote: Can’t find them. Already sold out?
They haven't gone up for sale. Still in progress.
Thanks, I was too excited I think so I over read it :p
thefred

Post by thefred »

thefred wrote:How much ram is on the cart? how many games can be installed at once?
? please let us know.
scyther

Post by scyther »

Good there is some progress!
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

thefred wrote:
thefred wrote:How much ram is on the cart? how many games can be installed at once?
? please let us know.
0 RAM , 1 game. :mrgreen: