Flash cartridge label

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
palkone

Flash cartridge label

Post by palkone »

Last edited by palkone on August 22nd, 2014, 08:31, edited 3 times in total.
YasaSheep

Re: Flash cartridge label

Post by YasaSheep »

Very cool. :D
palkone

Post by palkone »

YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

I don't even have a case for mine, or I'd try it. :(
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

It looks a little generic, why didn't you wrote the flash card name and revision or at least credit Lupin?

For a large print I should had liked it because it uses very little ink to print but for something really small it doesn't matter much (My printer waste much ink to clean the heads as printing a full color sticker... inkjet printers are suckers).

I should personally change the blue to gray so printing in black & white printer should feel like a glove, at least if you decide to get it printed professionally with BW option will come cheaper and hold more contrast and details.
palkone

Post by palkone »

I was going for a really simple design, It might have been a little too simple. Updated first post.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

That's a bit better, but ... still not perfect :P

"Version 2.10" text is too small (shouldn't be "Revision 2.1" btw?)

"Designed by Lupin" text will be completely unreadable (if you manage to get it printed at a crazy DPI you'll need some magnification glasses to read it)

There's a tip i usually do to quick preview: Try to scale the image to the real size in mm (or inchs) to match your monitor, you can either use the application's metrics if you set the monitor's DPI correctly or do what i do: get a real ruler and figure out the exact scale to fit perfectly (scale % depends of your monitor size), it should be a piece of cake to do that on a flat LCD, on CRT is more annoying since there's some spacing and a curve on the glass :/

Also I'm curious to know about the difference between Rev 2 and Rev 2.1, there's no info in http://www.pokemon-mini.net/development/flash-carts/
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Post by Lupin »

I have tried to make a logo too, the result is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/184 ... kecard.svg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/184 ... ard512.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/184 ... d512_2.pdf
Also I'm curious to know about the difference between Rev 2 and Rev 2.1
- The CPLD is rotated (different pin layout) for PCB routing reasons
- Card layout has mounting position for old/long flash and new/short flash package
- The programming connector now protrudes from the card, which was actually a fail because now it's harder to make a cut-out for the connector.
- Debug pins on the back of the card for easier manufacturing / programming of CPLD
- Slightly reduced component count on flasher cable, some layout optimizations (e.g. all small components are on the bottom now, only the USB connector and IC are on the top)
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

That looks similar to the one I've designed in 2011:
Lupin_Cart_Rev2.png
Lupin_Cart_Rev2_OnCart.png
New Flash chip SST39VF040, it is a little bit smaller and programming time is faster now
Is compatible with Rev 2? MrBlinky menu will still work?
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Post by Lupin »

That looks similar to the one I've designed in 2011:
Hehe, yes it's almost the same :-)
Is compatible with Rev 2? MrBlinky menu will still work?
MrBlinky has updated his menu code to support the new flash.
The Rev2 linker cable won't work with the Rev2.1 carts, because two pins on the programming cable have been swapped. This was because of a layout mistake in the Rev2 linker.