Flash Cart Shells

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
Pikpol
PM.net Staff

Re: Flash Cart Shells

Post by Pikpol »

RazorLeafAttack wrote:
Pikpol wrote:And now I can show it to you! I posted some images on imgur, please see the link below.
https://imgur.com/a/nlfqbSI

I noticed a slight error in the cart. The whole at the top for the connector isn't big enough. I measured the connector on the cart and not the connector on the cable. But apart from that, the cart is great and fits well. I still need to get two screws and I noticed I can improve the top of the cart a bit. The curve is just a bit off, but this does not matter much, especially for a first prototype.
I am very happy with the result :D
Wow these look amazing. Can't wait to see the final result.
I have 2 questions for you:
• How much do you think they will cost once they're available for purchase?
• Do you have access to a variety of colors? Would looooove to see on in "Ditto Pink." Something like this
pink-shell-mockup.png
This one was around 15 euros. But I think you can order it for around 20 or 25 euros include worldwide shipping.
But as I understand it, Mixiekins will also produce them. I think the ones from Mixiekins will be of better quality. You have to ask her for pricing on those ones.

The company I bought them at have Yellow and also purple I think. Have to check for the other colors :)
But again, Mixiekins will also produce them or a similar one and so you have to ask her for colors on her version.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

Pikpol wrote:
mixiekins wrote:
Just wondering if there had been any news on shells. Especially now that the DITTO mini is back in stock!

(Sorry for the janky faux tagging. We need to set up @ mentions in here)
thefred

Post by thefred »

Any updates at all? Really intrested in getting.
Please let me know.
Sprinter

Post by Sprinter »

Hi Folks,

I tried all day long to get in this Forum, your activation System seems to have a serious Problem with dashes in the Email address (if an admin reads this, please PM me), anyway.

I also refined my shell design as i did this, so i want to provide you with some Pictures from work in progress and the link to the final Version:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3592237

have fun. :D
Last edited by Sprinter on October 24th, 2021, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

How do I buy one?
Sprinter

Post by Sprinter »

You can download the files and ask someone with an FDM Printer of the mentioned specifications to print it for you. For SLS or SLA I would recommend to rework the tolerances of the Clip.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

These are great! What is the difference between the two yellow ones? One looks much cleaner than the other.
Sprinter

Post by Sprinter »

The upper one was the verry first try. It Looks a bit rough because I experimentet with the upper Shell thikness, it has to be printet with supports and I knew that the thikness of the bottme Surface of the Part wuld varie slitly due to the roughnes as you can see in the traparency example. This and the slightly under extrusion lead to the also rough finish.

Additionaly I startet with the upper curve, split on bothe halfs. contakt was ok for much of the time but I optimmised this further till the first transparent one. From there one I only omtimized the dimensions.

Originaly I was planning to do all prototypes in yellow, becaus my stock of tranparent material is limeted, but I did not bother to change it out afterwords, so I did 5 more prototypes in trasperent till I had the final Version you can download now.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

I asked a guy to do this for me and he ran into a problem with it:
"Ran into a bit of a snag. Yesterday I had both parts printed out. But when I went to put them together they do not fit well together, either the top is too big or the bottom is too small. I may be able to resize one of them, do you happen to know a reliable source for the actual cartridge dimensions?"
Sprinter

Post by Sprinter »

Indeed the inner/upper part tends to be a bit oversize when you print it for real and pushes aparts the outer wall by an itsy bitsy bit. But the files are having the exact outer width of the original Card. The Bottom shell part, when printed on my printer, has exact the targeted width (in compare to the file).

The shells snap together snugly. I recommend to place the PCB in the upper part, touching the upper edge and then cliping it in the lower Part.

Maybe the scaling got lost in your slicer/CAD Programm or the printer over extruding by a bit (if you use FDM).

The lower/outer part has a target width of 33,7mm. I hope you can fix the scaling and or the over extrusion with that information.