Dito mini issue

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
thefred

Dito mini issue

Post by thefred »

I am having an issue with playing pokemon seeds. First game I tried. After a few levels the pokemon mini freezes, only way out is to remove battery. Same issue on a different mini, every once in a while it gets the message like a cart is not inserted. I have cleaned the contacts and am still having issues. Not sure if it is the dido or the pokemon seeds rom.
Anyone else have simular issues? Any ideas?
thefred

Re: Dito mini issue

Post by thefred »

Slight update, still had issues on 4 different minis.
Now it has totally stop coming on, now just a blank screen.
I can still read and write with the pc software.
Sprinter

Post by Sprinter »

hi,

I had a similar Problem with mine bevor I had finnished my Shell design (maybe you take a look on that in the respective Thread) elsewise I can only say that I played several Hours of Shock Tetris and 5 Levels of psychic seed.

regards
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

thefred wrote:I am having an issue with playing pokemon seeds. First game I tried. After a few levels the pokemon mini freezes, only way out is to remove battery. Same issue on a different mini, every once in a while it gets the message like a cart is not inserted. I have cleaned the contacts and am still having issues. Not sure if it is the dido or the pokemon seeds rom.
Anyone else have simular issues? Any ideas?
Can you please test some other game? That one had a problem on the regular hardware when I played it 4 years ago...
thefred

Post by thefred »

This morning I flashed another game, Togepis and it started working again. I played for about 15 min then it froze again. took battery out and it froze right away again.
It must be heat related or something.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

thefred wrote:This morning I flashed another game, Togepis and it started working again. I played for about 15 min then it froze again. took battery out and it froze right away again.
It must be heat related or something.
If you play the same game both from the original cart and from DITTO mini, that would be clear indication of the problem with the flash cart.

Some of the very first carts of the first batch seems to be affected with a problem of not very good soldered flash chip. PMd you to find out if you might be one of them.
crossztc

Post by crossztc »

I think I have the same problem. :cry:

……
Verify Error at [0x0007001D] Buffer:0x07 Card:0xF8
Verify Error at [0x0007001E] Buffer:0x18 Card:0xE0
Verify Error at [0x0007001F] Buffer:0x20 Card:0xC0
Verify Block 0x07 failed
Power OFF
Verify time is : 7890ms

Total programing time is : 49202ms

Total Error is 22788

Now it has totally stop coming on, now just a blank screen.pm show me“no card”
I can still read with the pc software.
Geggenau

Ditto flash - No Ditto Programmer devices found [fix]

Post by Geggenau »

I figured I could post the problem I was having under this topic (in case someone else has this problem and tries to find a solution).

When I connected the flasher first time, the flasher would't recognize. I contacted a2heaven about this and they sent me a link for new drivers: https://ftdichip.com/drivers/

On the site, used "Windows Driver Installer (VCP & D2XX), please click here" (no link here).
After installing and rebooting, the problem was fixed and I could use the flasher and Ditto Mini.

The error I got initially (error message two times, first one when opening Ditto Flash, second after clicking "Connect":
Attachments
image.png