FLASH cartridge

Official support and feedback forum for DITTO mini and older flash carts like PokéCard512.
darkfader
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by darkfader »

I just broke my flashcartridge ;P but at least it works a bit. I want to make new version with PSD835G2V. How much $$$ are ppl willing to spend on a cartridge? $50 ?
I am afraid I cannot mold plastic but it does fit inside an official cartridge.
darkfader
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by darkfader »

Flashing could be done inside PM through some simple serial connection to parallel port with some buffer chip. Might need external power though.
The chip has secondary flash where the I/O and flashing code can be put. Maybe even infrared support ;)
One flash sector could be locked down and allow upgrades in the others. If I also add multi-game support, there will be no need to upgrade the PLD part of the chip.
darkfader
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by darkfader »

An external programmer could be used too, but for that you would need to destroy a whole PM since the connectors cannot be aquired elsewhere.
p0p
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by p0p »

That sounds very nice...the 'other' cart requires a programmer, which means destroying a pokemini for the port or building an own pm port. PokeSlap and Tharo were thinking of that 2nd option, but it might be hard to get satisfying results. Also, the other cart won't fit into the original plastic housing, but might be a bit cheaper (not much hehe). I think $50 is a very reasonable price for a flashcart of that size, you dont seem to charge anything for the soldering (or does it come as a kit ;P)...
skywalker

FLASH cartridge

Post by skywalker »

I'm willing to spend more than that. Looks like a nice dev platform.
p0p
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by p0p »

That's the spirit ;) May the force be with you !
darkfader
Team Pokémé

FLASH cartridge

Post by darkfader »

OMG... we got linked by http://pokemon-mini.tk :((
diabol

FLASH cartridge

Post by diabol »

what do you think?
gonna take them down? ;)
diabol

FLASH cartridge

Post by diabol »

shot the responsible persom an email, i suck ;P
lameboyadvance
PM.net Staff

FLASH cartridge

Post by lameboyadvance »

I'd be interested in flash cart(s), and if they're able to fit inside an official cart, they'd be even more appealing :)