Help with broken mini

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
coolmagicarp2

Help with broken mini

Post by coolmagicarp2 »

I just got scammed on eBay buying a pokemon mini that doesnt work and eBay doesn't help me return it but the mini is in very good condition it just doesn't turn on. Does anybody know what could be the problem maybe I could try fixing it and while I'm at it I could install a backlight.
Pikpol
PM.net Staff

Re: Help with broken mini

Post by Pikpol »

I don't have any excperience with fixing Pokémon mini's, but you could try to clean it first with some alcohol. See if there is any corrosion in the unity. And maybe try to find out if the parts get any voltage.
RazorLeafAttack
PM.net Staff

Re: Help with broken mini

Post by RazorLeafAttack »

coolmagicarp2 wrote:I just got scammed on eBay buying a pokemon mini that doesnt work and eBay doesn't help me return it but the mini is in very good condition it just doesn't turn on. Does anybody know what could be the problem maybe I could try fixing it and while I'm at it I could install a backlight.
I'm curious Coolmagicarp2 if you had any luck fixing your Pokemon Mini. Not sure if you have access to a triwing driver but if the battery terminals are clean and free of corrosion it's probably time to open it up and see if it needs cleaning inside.

Also try a different battery. I felt really dumb taking apart my Mini trying to get it to work, then eventually realizing I had a dead battery. :\