Group project time? :)

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Hey guys; there's this one RPG I really like that I think would port well to the mini. You've probably heard of it before cause it's like twenty years old, you can get the binary and source here: http://www.nethack.org/ . I'd do it myself but 1) It's huge. and 2) I dunno how to do EEPROM. I know you guys have wanted to do an RPG so this might be a good start.
p0p
Team Pokémé

Post by p0p »

uh, its ugly ;P I'd prefer the Mini Zelda, the 1st demo and some screens Lupin and I did are somewhere on this site hehe...
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

I was more talking gameplay than graphics. Zelda would be interesting, too, though.... Whatever the case, the point was more centered on a group project than porting NetHack. I'd be happy to help either way.
p0p
Team Pokémé

Post by p0p »

Well, sounds nice to me :) First of all we need a good story that lives within the tiles I converted from all the gb zeldas... should be around here, if not, contact me.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Nope, I don't see anything Zelda related in the Files or Projects sections. I can try to come up with a general story idea anyways and if we need more sprites.. they're not really that hard to draw. This seems like it'd be quite a test of the PM, though. Can't it only have a ROM of 1 MB? I hope we can fit it all in.
p0p
Team Pokémé

Post by p0p »

Wa, contact me via feedback form if you really wanna dive into that :)