New small device speculation

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
zoranc

New small device speculation

Post by zoranc »

For a while I was thinking if Nintendo is going to release some small console any time soon. Just to avoid discussion on pokewalker - no that one doesn't count.

Nintendo targets Japanese market among all. And in general, people in Japan seems to like the small devices. So far the tiny consoles were not prevalent but nonetheless existed. The notary mention besides Pokemon Mini is GameBoy Advance - Micro.

One more trait that I noticed - in both of the cases it was almost simultaneous to the lunch of a major technical advance - PM was out the same year as the original GBA and Micro came out with the DS.

As we expect 3DS next year do you guys think there is a chance to get a small gaming console from Nintendo? As much as I enjoy DS it is a bit bulky for my liking. Perfect form would be a Micro with a smaller cartridge and bigger screen. How about you?
YasaSheep

Re: New small device speculation

Post by YasaSheep »

Dunno if they will or not. But I'd say with the way things are going that if they do, there will probably be a camera involved.
Which being on a small device will get some funny media attention, like that camera Barbie. x3
MiniMe

Re: New small device speculation

Post by MiniMe »

Not a console, but a mini Nintendo device that seems a bit more complex than the pocket pikachu. Amazingly, this came out before the Pokemon Mini and I'm just now seeing it. BTW, a great little group here - the PM has recently sucked me into its allure and my small collection is growing ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moJ4M6Gfy5I