Best Ways To Find PM Stuff

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
dewott

Best Ways To Find PM Stuff

Post by dewott »

Finding anything and everything Pokemon Mini related has proven difficult.
Craigslist and obscure used video game stores (not the name brand or chain ones) were dead ends. Garage Sales and Flea Markets/Swap Meets haven't turned up anything.

This website only has Pokemon Party in Japanese available.
Ebay is pretty much the go-to website for PM stuff, as far as I know.

What has been your best method of finding Pokemon Mini items?
zoranc

Re: Best Ways To Find PM Stuff

Post by zoranc »

Best way to find consoles (including brand new ones) is the ebay. On Amazon they have those too, but the prices are higher. Concerning the games, those which were published outside of Japan are generally easy to find on ebay too. One exception is Tetris which is more rare than the rest and finding it is hit and miss and costs more than the rest (I paid like 50 EUR for my first copy - got it from German Amazon).

Next level are Japanese only games - in general very difficult to find. Very seldom you'll find those on ebay (still sometimes). A bit more often those are available in Japanese Yahoo auctions, but still requires lot of patience and effort. An exception here is "Togepy great adventure" which is practically impossible to find - I got that one by pure luck after years (literally!) scanning the Japanese Yahoo auction.
AndreAlmeida

Post by AndreAlmeida »

zoranc wrote:Best way to find consoles (including brand new ones) is the ebay. On Amazon they have those too, but the prices are higher. Concerning the games, those which were published outside of Japan are generally easy to find on ebay too. One exception is Tetris which is more rare than the rest and finding it is hit and miss and costs more than the rest (I paid like 50 EUR for my first copy - got it from German Amazon).

Next level are Japanese only games - in general very difficult to find. Very seldom you'll find those on ebay (still sometimes). A bit more often those are available in Japanese Yahoo auctions, but still requires lot of patience and effort. An exception here is "Togepy great adventure" which is practically impossible to find - I got that one by pure luck after years (literally!) scanning the Japanese Yahoo auction.
There is one full collection now on yahoo japan
dewott

Post by dewott »

AndreAlmeida wrote:There is one full collection now on yahoo japan
For some reason, I didn't see this when I used one of the english translation sites.

Is it true (according to some forums) that most sellers on Yahoo Auctions Japan do not ship internationally? Also, has anyone found a translation/money conversion site for Yahoo Auctions which doesn't charge a high amount in fees? Or is this pretty much unavoidable.
jedimarajade2

Post by jedimarajade2 »

dewott wrote:Is it true (according to some forums) that most sellers on Yahoo Auctions Japan do not ship internationally? Also, has anyone found a translation/money conversion site for Yahoo Auctions which doesn't charge a high amount in fees? Or is this pretty much unavoidable.
well, it might be... i've never used it (lol, i'm not sure why) but it's a seller-by-seller case, i'm sure. all you can do is message them an ask, but you do run the risk of them not understanding you since you don't speak japanese.

...and i don't recommend using a translation service to ask them. most of them end up being wrong somehow and then it's kind of insulting :/

just keep scanning ebay, look through the sales area here, and you'll eventually find alot what you want. just be prepared to pay a premium for some stuff.

look around for some of my earlier posts around the forum here - there should be a link to PM hand straps that are very nicely priced on ebay (the seller has black ones and red/pink magby ones). there's a seller with the cases, but i don't think he's relisted them so you'll have to message him directly about them. (*refrains from stepping up on soap box about that one*) there's a couple things to get you started if you don't have them
dewott

Post by dewott »

jedimarajade2 wrote: just keep scanning ebay, look through the sales area here, and you'll eventually find alot what you want. just be prepared to pay a premium for some stuff.

look around for some of my earlier posts around the forum here - there should be a link to PM hand straps that are very nicely priced on ebay (the seller has black ones and red/pink magby ones). there's a seller with the cases, but i don't think he's relisted them so you'll have to message him directly about them. (*refrains from stepping up on soap box about that one*) there's a couple things to get you started if you don't have them
Yes, I've spoken to the ebay seller about the cases. He's acquired a large amount of them, but they are all either blue or yellow. I did purchase a couple of cases recently.

The hand straps I'm not too sure about.
They are nice, but are they practical during gameplay?

I'm at the 'costly' point in my Pokemon Mini game search...looking for the Japanese games. There were a few Japanese PM games posted on ebay back in April/May, but I didn't pay close attention to them. This was before I knew that Japanese PM games could work on any PM system. :(
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Most Yahoo! JP Auctions don't have international shipping, you'll have to use a proxy service.

I believe this is the auction he's talking about.

It doesn't have the individual version of party, but it has at least one of each game.

If you look nearer the bottom, it will say 海外発送: 対応しません when international shipping isn't accepted.

EDIT: Oh look, here's Pokemon Party.