Fake Pokemon Mini Cartridges?

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
kev0israd!

Fake Pokemon Mini Cartridges?

Post by kev0israd! »

Has anyone encountered any fake Pokemon Mini cartridges?

The console is so obscure, so I'm thinking no, but this listing on eBay concerns me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-rare-lot ... SwOgdYxaEe

He's got 99 unsealed boxed copies of the English European Pokemon Tetris game for Pokemon Mini.

Not only that, but he's got another 96 sealed copies of a commonly pirated game, Metroid Fusion for the GameBoy Advance.

I highly doubt he'll sell for what he's asking, but he may very well begin selling separately, so if these are fake, they'll be out in the wild sooner than later.

Just thought I'd share and ask if any one has encountered any pirated Pokemon Mini games.

I'm new to the community and haven't finished my collection, so if fakes do exist some tips on what to look out for would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
-Kevin
rufus10

Re: Fake Pokemon Mini Cartridges?

Post by rufus10 »

I think this is the same seller that has been selling these for a while. I bought a copy from them before and it is legitimate, it's actually a portuguese copy so there is a sticker on the back and some extra instructions inside. I assume this seller must have got a job lot of these for really cheap a while ago from some store that was selling them and is now selling them online.
Zozo

Re: Fake Pokemon Mini Cartridges?

Post by Zozo »

Obviously not... There are a lot of mini dead stocks out there.
It is not as rare or worth as much as americans think it is but don't tell them they love to overpay lol.