So.. What is can it do?

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
Pichu

So.. What is can it do?

Post by Pichu »

Ok, I got the official dumps and some demos. Is there any working windows-based emulator capable of handling the officials? I get a nifty N to slide onto the screen with the bios equipped. I know this is an under-development project (dur) but I was sent here under the impression that it was able to do it with ease. Sorry to bother if this just wasted yer time.

(o^-_^o) !
lameboyadvance
PM.net Staff

So.. What is can it do?

Post by lameboyadvance »

I don't know where you got that sliding N from, but it should be reasonably easy to get the emulator running. First get Minimon. Its currently the most advanced emu around. Next, get a copy of the BIOS and put it in the same directory as Minimon and name it bios.min. It should autoload this each time you start, but if it doesn't you can select the BIOS by going File -> Load BIOS. Next, select the ROM you want to play. File -> Open. Finally, run the ROM by going Control -> Run -> Full Speed. If it all worked the game should be running. One final thing though: you may want to configure your controls by going Configure -> Map Input. ;)