New repository for PokeMini

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

New repository for PokeMini

Post by JustBurn »

I've created this topic to discuss about a new place where to host the compiled binaries of all the PokeMini ports (and of course the source code).

Since early this year Google Code disallowed posting new Downloads.

This is my opinion I've posted 2 months ago: "In exception of the Linux platform there's no reason to force a user to compile from source, especially on certain platforms which has a complex development kit to be setup first, I simply can't see a casual user going into all that trouble.
Also solution proposed by Google was to use Google Drive... but in my opinion is a bad solution, especially when the service is banned in certain countries."

While SourceForge was a good candidate, it seems that there's some issues with certain type of Ads (GIMP left SourceForge because of this) and it has some country restrictions too.

So, any suggestions?
KR155E
Admin

Re: New repository for PokeMini

Post by KR155E »

Is this only about hosting the compiled binaries or do you need version control stuff like a Git repository?

Depending on your needs, how about creating a page on this site?
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

I would just dump them in a mediafire folder, personally, and leave the repo where it is.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

KR155E:
That's not a bad suggestion!
After all the emulator and this webpage is about pokémon-mini!
There's some "kind" of page but is buried under "Development » Tools » PokeMini" in the middle on other bunch of stuff... so... clearly not easy place to find for a new visitor :)

Wa:
I don't trust much links from mediafire, that makes the content look suspicious or questionable.
Anyway if there's a solid place to host the binaries then there's no reason to move the repo.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Well, I can sort of see what you mean, but I don't really agree with it. You can look for others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... g_services

http://www.weiyun.com/act/10t-en.html this looks good in terms of offerings.
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

JustBurn wrote:KR155E:
That's not a bad suggestion!
After all the emulator and this webpage is about pokémon-mini!
There's some "kind" of page but is buried under "Development » Tools » PokeMini" in the middle on other bunch of stuff... so... clearly not easy place to find for a new visitor :)
It's not like we couldn't do anything we want to fix this. :D I propose:
* Spicing up that page with all the info and downloads
* Creating a subdomain like pokemini.pokemin-mini.net for direct access to the pokemini page
* Linking the pokemini page more prominently through its own "Development" sub menu entry, a link in the front page intro text, and/or even a button on the front page, maybe under the System image?
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

KR155E wrote: It's not like we couldn't do anything we want to fix this. :D I propose:
* Spicing up that page with all the info and downloads
* Creating a subdomain like pokemini.pokemin-mini.net for direct access to the pokemini page
* Linking the pokemini page more prominently through its own "Development" sub menu entry, a link in the front page intro text, and/or even a button on the front page, maybe under the System image?
Hmm... probably will leave the emulator's info in the Google Code page, so that place won't get so lonely ;)

Not sure how the subdomain will help, is not like someone will randomly type "pokemini" instead of "www" and expects to work... the only way it could help was if the page address constantly got changed (but this isn't the case).

A "Emulators" submenu under Development should work together with the status: Active, Obsolete and Discontinued to point out PokeMini, PokeKaMini and Minimon respectively.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

Here's the version of PokeMini Android 0.5.4 that was supposed to upload in 01-March.

This version may solve Issue 8 but doesn't solve Issue 9 (Don't worry, i'll get into that once i have some time to read more about JNI).
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

Ok, I've spent this night to finally fix both Issue 8 for Nexus 7 and Issue 9.
The application path can be seen under "Platforms..." (for debugging purposes in case if there still issues with saving)

Download PokeMini Android 0.5.4 r2:
DaniPhii

Post by DaniPhii »

Did I tested this revision? Maybe this one is different from the latest one you sent me by email. :?