Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Demo]

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Re: Pokémon Psychic Seeds [demo]

Post by JustBurn »

It's not dead... just going very slowly, Palkone is very busy with life and there's still a lot of work to do, still too many stages yet to be designed :)

Virtual Boy? I'm not sure about red 96x64 being projected directly into your eyes will look pleasing :lol:

Porting the game to 32-bits platforms shouldn't be hard as the game engine was originally written in C for quicker designing and testing of the gameplay (actually Palkone still use that to design and test new levels) and the same code was ported into the Minx CPU.

All the menu, options, etc. was coded directly into the Minx CPU so that part will need to be ported.

... but first we need to complete the Pokémon-Mini version, then we can finally look into other platforms ;)
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

It has been exactly 3 months since the last post, so I've though to give the current progress of the project.

There's good and bad news.

The bad one is due to palkone's work he has very little free time to actually think and design new levels, with the restraint of time we decided that the best way was to cut the number of levels to half... even so it still 30 levels!

The good news is that we finished all the basics, all the menus and features are working.
We got some music playing but still need some tweaking.
With the reduction of total levels that means only very few levels are needed to be done.

I cannot pinpoint a deadline but i'll say the final release will be soon.
palkone

Post by palkone »

Yeah this will be released really soon. Get hyped!
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

On actual cartridges? If so I want one!
palkone

Post by palkone »

No, most likely not Chris, just a free rom
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

If there's at least 10 people interested in the physical cartridge i might consider that.
But doubt there's actually even 10 people interested in the Pokémon-mini at all (and no, the ones that trade them for profit or collection doesn't count).
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

I am pretty sure there will be 10 people interested to buy the first physical PM game. And yes there are 10 people who are interested in PM for more than just collecting. They are not regulars here.
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

When this is done, is there anyone who can put this game on a spare Pokemon Mini cartridge I have?
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

Definitely interested in a physical copy of this! I'd pay the cost of ten for one if necessary :P
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

We already have all levels done and we are beta testing everything to make 100% sure everything works as it should, atm there's only small tweaks and adjustments.

The game fits nicely in 256KB ROM space (with less than 1KB to spare), woohoo!
That means you can have this game on your Flash card together with a few small homebrews :D

About the physical copy, sadly i don't have funds for that... but if it was done it should probably be based of the Prototype Card i've designed many years ago (the predecessor of the Lupin's card without USB flashing capability).