Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Full Game]

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
palkone

Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Full Game]

Post by palkone »

Catch 'em all with 'Pokémon Psychic Seeds'. An exciting new platform puzzler exclusive for Pokémon Mini! Watch gameplay here: https://youtu.be/ltJxJjApZcY

Game features:
30 levels of platform puzzling action!
Over 30 Pokémon to catch!

Release Date: June 16th 2015
Developers: Justburn, Palkone
Genre: Platform puzzler
Size: 267KB
Players: 1
Features: Rumble, Savegame

Screenshots
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Downloads
Game ROM: http://www.pokemon-mini.net/games/pokem ... hic-seeds/
Game cartridge label: http://www.mediafire.com/view/0uqp6taf3 ... 0label.png

Pokémon and Pokémon characters are © Nintendo
Pokémon Psychic Seeds developed by Justburn and Palkone in 2014/2015
Last edited by palkone on November 12th, 2018, 13:31, edited 5 times in total.
zoranc

Re: Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Full Game]

Post by zoranc »

Wohoooo! Awesome news. I'm the first to download it! :D

As I haven't tried the demo it will be my first try of the game too! So excited!!!
palkone

Post by palkone »

zoranc wrote:Wohoooo! Awesome news. I'm the first to download it! :D
As I haven't tried the demo it will be my first try of the game too! So excited!!!
Great let us know what you think =)
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

I downloaded it. I haven't tried the demo yet either. I'll have to play it on the emulator. I still think you should release this on a cartridge, though.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

Ok I played it and can't think of better word to describe it but "incredible" is best I can think of.

The game design is just amazing and the implementation is awesome. I like the splash screen, the music, the saves, the grayshade graphics, the menu system, the genre, the idea, the challenge, the polish. Yesterday I played it until 3am! Left the last unfinished level on the Broodwar aside for now (after finishing all other SC and BW missions on my mobile device) to play this!

Two wishes form me: 1. (naturally) more levels I've done with 10 or so of them from yesterday night and this morning. I know it's a lot of work to design them but maybe you can consider extended version later on...

Second on is selecting the previous and next activated egg. I'd suggest using the same controls as now (B + L/R) but select eggs in the X coordinate order instead of activation order. Probably X coordinate, then Y coordinate. Not sure if it's clear so here is a pic:

Code: Select all

1   2 5 6
It is not totally trivial to implement it, and right from the top of my head I can't think of efficient way to do it but should be doable nonetheless, and would make it even more fun to play. Probably bubble sort after each movement or something in this direction...

But yeah all in all an awesome amazing game! Better than most, if not all commercial games for the system in my opinion.
palkone

Post by palkone »

@ zoranc

Glad you like the game and are enjoying it =) you may have passed all the levels but can you get 100%? ;)

To address your wishes,

1. This is the final version of the game, there will be no more levels.
2. Someone mentioned that idea in the demo thread, we didn't think to pursue the idea because switching exeggcute in order seems to work ok. If we were to change it now we would have to alter other things in the game to suit the new gameplay function.

We don't plan on changing anything or adding anything extra...sure we could update and tweak the game and add more and more and more... but we released the final game. Much like how a commercial game is created, they don't change the game and re-release a second version...there is a thing for that...its called a sequel (don't get any ideas :/)
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

palkone wrote:@ zoranc
Glad you like the game and are enjoying it =) you may have passed all the levels but can you get 100%? ;)
What means 100%? I get the 5 items and one pokeball with a new pokemon on each level. Is that 100%. Or beating the best time too?
palkone wrote: To address your wishes,

1. This is the final version of the game, there will be no more levels.
2. Someone mentioned that idea in the demo thread, we didn't think to pursue the idea because switching exeggcute in order seems to work ok. If we were to change it now we would have to alter other things in the game to suit the new gameplay function.
It surely works, but with this change it would make it more pleasant and easer to get fast times while playing. What else would you need to alter? I think only order would be changed at it's only internal algorithmic change with no influence to the GUI and I believe it will not influence level solving or anything as currently yo can also cycle through all eggs, just the order would be better.
palkone wrote: We don't plan on changing anything or adding anything extra...sure we could update and tweak the game and add more and more and more... but we released the final game. Much like how a commercial game is created, they don't change the game and re-release a second version...there is a thing for that...its called a sequel (don't get any ideas :/)
Does the last mean there will be no sequel, or it means there could be one?
palkone

Post by palkone »

@zoranc
zoranc wrote:What means 100%? I get the 5 items and one pokeball with a new pokemon on each level. Is that 100%. Or beating the best time too?
100% = get all best times and all pokemon
zoranc wrote:It surely works, but with this change it would make it more pleasant and easer to get fast times while playing. What else would you need to alter? I think only order would be changed at it's only internal algorithmic change with no influence to the GUI and I believe it will not influence level solving or anything as currently yo can also cycle through all eggs, just the order would be better.
We would have to re-do all the best times, I would have to change some of the 'how to play' screens. I think it would effect the GUI. The 'current exeggcute indicator' would be useless because switching exeggcute would be dynamic...not saying its a bad thing...it probably would be more pleasant to play we just didn't think to implement it.
zoranc wrote:Does the last mean there will be no sequel, or it means there could be one?
When i said "don't get any ideas" I was implying you shouldn't think that we are making are sequel. I am not interested in making a sequel.
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

I guess you have it closed and be done for good. Fair enough!

On the 100% thingy times are rough, I managed to make better time only on one of the levels. Would it show 100% somewhere if I did it on all?
palkone

Post by palkone »

zoranc wrote:I guess you have it closed and be done for good. Fair enough!

On the 100% thingy times are rough, I managed to make better time only on one of the levels. Would it show 100% somewhere if I did it on all?
All the best times are beatable but very challenging ;) There is no message that says 100% but you will know you have 100% because you will have unlocked all the pokemon.