Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Full Game]

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
zoranc

Re: Pokémon Psychic Seeds [Full Game]

Post by zoranc »

I was playing it a lot lately. Finished all the levels and collected all the pokeballs. Got the ending screen but haven't done all levels with perfect timing.

However lately I got some crashes in the game (or maybe hangs). Mostly white screen and only removing the battery would fix it. I am wondering if my PM went crazy. Maybe the flash memory can't be overwritten anymore. Or it's just some software bug. The first hang was after I finished a level and there was only one left to be finished (bonus levels were done too at that point). Not sure if I can provide any other debugging information...
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

Congrats to the creators! What a lucky little system 8-)
I tried the demo in emulator but this will be heading directly to the flash cart!
palkone

Post by palkone »

MiniMe wrote:Congrats to the creators! What a lucky little system 8-)
I tried the demo in emulator but this will be heading directly to the flash cart!
Thank you. Let us know what you think! =)
VirtualChris

Post by VirtualChris »

I just played it for the first time. I have a question though. When I try to switch a character, why is it that it always goes to one I don't want to control? Is there a way to pick which one to control or do I just have to keep pressing B and Left or right until it finally decides to get to the one I want to move? Other than that frustration, it's a very good game and one that I would very much like on a cartridge.
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

Thanks everyone for the feedback :D

Regarding about switching characters... I actually never had issues with it apart of 1 stage that you need to scramble the exeggcutes to reach up, but even dynamic selection shouldn't help much in that one.
One part of the strategy is to memorize the order you unlock them.
This may not be very useful but you can select the master one by pressing B+Up.
zoranc wrote:However lately I got some crashes in the game (or maybe hangs). Mostly white screen and only removing the battery would fix it. I am wondering if my PM went crazy. Maybe the flash memory can't be overwritten anymore. Or it's just some software bug. The first hang was after I finished a level and there was only one left to be finished (bonus levels were done too at that point). Not sure if I can provide any other debugging information...
I've experienced that short of issue, as far i know it only happens on the real hardware.
To make things worse, the crash is completely random, I could try to reproduce it again for several hours and fail to happen.
It's very strange that the whole system just freeze... even interrupts stop working (Pressing Power for shutdown is on key interrupt), so the only way to restore is indeed pulling out the battery.
Wish i could figure out the cause but sadly i can't trace it because of the random nature.
Never experienced any crash while it's running on the emulator so i wonder if is any hardware issue or "feature"... talking about that, during development of the game I've discovered that the CPU has the same bug in HALT instruction as the Game Boy.
blabla

Post by blabla »

Cool little game, i like it. It really feels like an official game from Nintendo !
Too bad only a few people will play it due to it being on Pokemon Mini...
That mysterious bug on real hardware will probably prevent it from being released on a cart too.
Oh well, i no longer have my pokemon minis anyways...
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Finally got a chance to play this. Amazing work! Great job guys. :D
palkone

Post by palkone »

blabla wrote:Cool little game, i like it. It really feels like an official game from Nintendo !
Too bad only a few people will play it due to it being on Pokemon Mini...
That mysterious bug on real hardware will probably prevent it from being released on a cart too.
Oh well, i no longer have my pokemon minis anyways...
Wa wrote:Finally got a chance to play this. Amazing work! Great job guys. :D
Thanks blabla and Wa, glad you like the game =)
VectrexRoli

Post by VectrexRoli »

I know I came late to the party, but wow what a nice homebrew gem!
I showed it on video, so I hope more people will try it out:
https://youtu.be/ofWj66xOnSg
palkone

Post by palkone »

VectrexRoli wrote:I know I came late to the party, but wow what a nice homebrew gem!
I showed it on video, so I hope more people will try it out:
https://youtu.be/ofWj66xOnSg
Thanks VectrexRoli =)