linear mode

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
Orion_

linear mode

Post by Orion_ »

in the mindx.txt documentation, I saw that there is "pseudo"-linear mode for the LCD (at $1000) how work this linear mode ?
is it like the good old PC linear framebuffer ?
Just wanted to try to write a simple PutPixel function ^^
(and btw, is there any plan to add a Trace function in the PokeKaMini debugger ?)
DaveX
Team Pokémé

linear mode

Post by DaveX »

No, this hardware pseudo-linear mode works almost like the software pseudo-linear mode used in sokomini to display the title screen. That means its like the tiled mode with tiles 0,1,2,3,4,...,$5F displayed on screen from left to right, up to down, and with tiles graphics are stored at $1000. So a little bit of calculation and bit masking is needed for the putpixel function.
DaveX
Team Pokémé

linear mode

Post by DaveX »

btw, if youre coding with justburns debugger, i think it doesnt support pseudo-linear mode yet anyway
Orion_

linear mode

Post by Orion_ »

ok, thanks :)
why nintendo always use tiles in their console :(
Orion_

linear mode

Post by Orion_ »

argh, I just made some test to see how work the screen and its really horrible :(
8x8 square tile + rotation of 90° of each tile like the GP32 screen.
bah, precalc table rulez ^^
how much a normal "homebrew" cadridge can handle, 64-512KB ?
PokeSlap

linear mode

Post by PokeSlap »

pseudo-linear mode supported in PokeKaMini Debug 0.5.1 or above
p0p
Team Pokémé

linear mode

Post by p0p »

Orion: 0-512kbytes minus 4 for bios, 4 for ram and 2 for regs and other stuff... still a lot =)
darkfader
Team Pokémé

linear mode

Post by darkfader »

LCD controller uses 8 rows of 8 pixels high. Nintendo probably did not add remapping logic to lineair mode.
PokeSlap

linear mode

Post by PokeSlap »

They should ... :|
Tharo

linear mode

Post by Tharo »

Hmm is there a reason why it could be 90° rotated? Okay at the gp32 it was cos the fact that the hight is smaller as the width and the user dont see it very good. But why here?