Programming Idea

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
Snorlax_King

Programming Idea

Post by Snorlax_King »

Instead of simply writing to a cart: why not just transfer the information through the IR port? The ti-83+ uses a similar method, but instead uses a 2.5mm plug to transfer. if you could put a 2.5 mm jack in place of the IR bulb you could transfer stuff from the computer straight to the pokemon mini! An easier way i thought of is on the 83+ there is a program to where when you type something on the 83+ that is running the program it does the same thing on the connected calculator doing nothing. You could then transfer code to the pokemon mini. For those who do not know if a few buttons are pressed on the 83+(2nd then alpha) Alpha lock will be on, and then you can type whatever you want and it will be sent to the pokemon mini. You can also transfer programs from calculator to calculator, but im not sure if it would recognize the pokemon mini as an 83+. I dont know if either of these would work, neither am I an ASM programmer, but i know the 83+ will run ASM programs and BASIC Programs, and I have created a few. You can also do black and white images, and i have or could get a program to convert BMP to calculator picture. Any ideas on this? If anything you could at least use the cable to transfer from PC to pokemon mini...
Snorlax_King

Programming Idea

Post by Snorlax_King »

Hmm, now that i look...the cable uses 3 wires:( unless the IR uses 3 or more, i dont think this idea is possible...
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Programming Idea

Post by Lupin »

yeah, i already had a similar idea and i think it might actually work. If i would have a flash cart i would try to write a little firmware for the cart. You would need to use the serial port + a level converter because the serial port uses non-TTL voltages (not suitable to interface the Pokemon Mini).