Your projects and ideas

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by Lupin »

I wanted to ask everyone what are your ideas for the PM? what kind of projects are you working on (if any)?

What game would you like to see on PM? I am sure we could pull out a lot of small games now, it would just require some time and work.

For example i am working on p-type (for PDROMS and showing at BP05). http://home.arcor.de/lupin003/ptype.jpg shows the current game running on emulator. As you can see P-type is going to be a quite complex game. Maybe you have ideas for a simple game that can be realized on PM hardware? I would offer my help for the coding part...
p0p
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by p0p »

Sadly I only have ideas for complex PM games hehe... I've done artwork for titles like GREEN BERET and GOLDEN AXE for PM, which might be a bit oversized, but I just love to look at em :D I've done artwork for more sidescrolling games, but I don't know if i will be able to code one of them. So if anyone is interested, lemme know... Another idea was to code a Marble Madness / Gryoscope type game, maybe I will/can do that. At the moment I'm pretty busy with the PM presentation video for BP05, which hopefully will be shown on the big screen and give ppl an idea of what we're doing. More soon :)
sean

Your projects and ideas

Post by sean »

I'm still (slowly) working on a port of the Wars game from Gameboy Advance. I think a good little beat-em-up, like Double Dragon would be good too! Tap the a button to kick, shake the unit to break out of a hold! Or even a Rad Racer / Outrun game. Imagine, if you go off the road, the rumble starts!
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by Lupin »

yeah, that are really good ideas! a simple racing game should be easy to code. But i think the PM is really missing games with a bit more "depth" like an RPG or a war game like the one you are working at (any screenshots? =)) <br> I hope that when asterick finishes his cartridge more people will be interested in deving for PM
lameboyadvance
PM.net Staff

Your projects and ideas

Post by lameboyadvance »

Has anyone made a PokéPong for PM yet? ;)
I would also like to see an RPG or something more substantial than the mini-games PM seems to have.
sean

Your projects and ideas

Post by sean »

I think the mini should host something a little more complex, but I kinda like the 'pick up and play' mentality that the mini has. I mean, I have logged so many 5 minute tetris sessions on the thing it's crazy. I have some sprites and stuff that I'm still working on for wars, I may post that up on a website sometime soon, if I have time. I'm so busy with classes and work right now.
sean

Your projects and ideas

Post by sean »

Yeah, as soon as I can get a cartridge, devving for pm will get a priority shift. =)
No pressure asterick!! JK

Your projects and ideas

Post by guest »

The PokePong Is certainly simple enough, but would'nt it be cool if a platform game was created? something like Super Pichu Bros huh?
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by Lupin »

i am working on something more complex now... :)
p0p
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by p0p »

I just added a bunch of GameDemos...did some gfx from classic speccy games for Lupin's engine (to be used in P-Type) and I have to admit most of them look absolutely gorgeous on hardware. Green Beret makes me scream for more and AfterTheWar looks like nothing before on PM :)
Sadly the only active ppl from Team POKeMe seem to be Lupin and me at the moment, so we really could need motivated people to do some funky games.