Your projects and ideas

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by Lupin »

yup, we need more people who want to create games for the PM and can handle this odd piece of hardware :) nice update to the files/projects section p0p! :D
PlayerOne

Your projects and ideas

Post by PlayerOne »

I'm hoping to port an existing game of mine to the widest range of handhelds I can manage, including the PM. It's a puzzle game, similar to Sokoban (so it shouldn't be too hard to get started, given that there is some code here to borrow from :)).
I have flash carts for the GBA, NGPC and WonderSwan, and the GP32 doesn't need one. I'd love to get one for the PM, too. I placed an order last week, but I don't know how production is going.
Once I have done this multi-platform game, I will look at doing something with more depth or something more specific to each format.
King_Martini

Your projects and ideas

Post by King_Martini »

I am in on graphics and sound.
Snorlax_King

Your projects and ideas

Post by Snorlax_King »

Hey, im new here, but what about a pokemon game ported to the mini? If the system used the flash cart as memory, and we have a 512 MB here, alot of things are possible. The sprite editor Lupin made is really great(Already made a pokemon sprite) but is there any way to make a directional sprite, and could a monochrome version be ported?
PlayerOne

Your projects and ideas

Post by PlayerOne »

The main difficulty with something really complex like Pokemon is the relative lack of space for saved games.( And the fact that it is probably quite difficult to write. :))
I'd think it is theoretically possible, though.
I'm not sure what you mean by a directional sprite. You just draw a different sprite for each direction and show the one you need.
Snorlax_King

Your projects and ideas

Post by Snorlax_King »

Hmm...Maybe a version of teken, the fighting game? It wouldnt be that hard to make, also, what about galaga?
YasaSheep

Your projects and ideas

Post by YasaSheep »

I just downloaded all the needed stuff to create and was thinking of starting something (I still have projects going for my GP32, too. I should finish those XD). Anyway, I had some ideas for PM games. A fairly in-depth, but easy(engine-wise) game might be a storybook style game. A Pokemon themed storybook game would be pretty cool. :D As for an entire port of Pokemon game, that's a little much. But I always wondered why they never included the Orange Islands in the game series; so possibly someone could make a Pokemon RPG for PM that takes place in the Orange Islands. There's only like three gyms or something down there, and few towns, so it'd be very simple compared to Pokemon Red or any of the other ones.
p0p
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by p0p »

okay, we wanted to keep that secret..but hey, you've come here for killer-ideas, righ? ^_^
Lupin and me were thinking of making Zelda MiNi, he already did a 8 way scrolling one-andahalf-bitplane playfield demo and I did the complete tile sets.. but we need serious help on the full thing, so come on, this might be a BP06 thingie :D
Lupin
Team Pokémé

Your projects and ideas

Post by Lupin »

Zelda on a demo party? no, but it'd be cool none the less :)

Anyone want to co-operate with us?
YasaSheep

Your projects and ideas

Post by YasaSheep »

I'd love to, but it'll be a little while before I leanr enough to help, I'm barely past the movement tutorial. I'm thinking of making a Breakout style game first, maybe I'll be good enough after that. :D By the way, Lupin, write a tutorial on adding music and your tutorial series will be pretty much complete.