New homebrew game - DeathTrap

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
Post Reply
blabla
Posts: 17
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 01:15
Contact:

New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by blabla » August 19th, 2013, 23:54

Hi ,
I made a new homebrew game for Pokemon-Mini , i called it Deathtrap.

Sonic & Mario are in Hell but they have no intention to stay here
and they want to escape ! Plus , they have infinite lives too...
Don't let them go !
This game was made for the re-release of Lupin's flashcarts , i hope you'll enjoy it !

Download :
Version 1.1

With Colormap:
ImageImage
Without Colormap :
ImageImage

This game was programmed in C , not in Asm.
Last edited by blabla on August 21st, 2013, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

JustBurn
Team Pokémé
Posts: 90
Joined: April 14th, 2011, 19:07

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by JustBurn » August 21st, 2013, 04:16

A new homebrew comes out nearly 2 years since anything was done for the PM ... and no one comments? that's very sad...

Anyway I'm glad that something new showed up for the PM (was about goddamn time!) and this game is definitely more playable that your Sonic Arena.

But the idea is weird, why you want to kill Mario and Sonic? And why they ended up in hell? :'(

The game still needs some polishing, a "health bar" (i have no clue how many marios or sonics i can miss) and some music+sound (with a mute option or button plz).

Anyway added the game on the homebrew list.

User avatar
YasaSheep
Posts: 195
Joined: November 20th, 2005, 04:04
Location: Portland (Also the discord)
Contact:

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by YasaSheep » August 21st, 2013, 05:34

Seems like it's only three misses?

Cute game though, good work. :3 I like that you released a colour map with it.

blabla
Posts: 17
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 01:15
Contact:

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by blabla » August 21st, 2013, 06:26

Thank you guys !
I have updated the game , the colormap is better and there's a health bar in-game so you know how many lives left you have. You can download the new version at my first post.
JustBurn wrote:...some music+sound (with a mute option or button plz).
I cannot do that , justburn !
I'm unable to add sounds in my game... zoranc discontinued his compiler and i have to deal with 20kb of space and no sound.
Though I could compile the game in Asm and manually add some sounds but again , i hate the assembly !
JustBurn wrote: But the idea is weird, why you want to kill Mario and Sonic? And why they ended up in hell? :'(
Mario and Sonic are too mainstream ! And I hate Nintendo & Sega because their copyright bullsh*t , "it's illegal you know" and blablabla...
They deserve their fates , that's all.

JustBurn
Team Pokémé
Posts: 90
Joined: April 14th, 2011, 19:07

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by JustBurn » August 21st, 2013, 23:25

Actually you have like 55KB of space without needing to touch the banking (that's the space for coding, not the ROM file size).

While zoranc discontinued his compiler, it doesn't mean that you can't add sound.
Sadly your easiest solution is only poking the registers directly (although you can do that in C entirely), not hard to do if you only want to play a few *beep beep* SFXs.

There was much easier solutions but you stated that you hate assembly.
blabla wrote:Mario and Sonic are too mainstream ! And I hate Nintendo & Sega because their copyright bullsh*t , "it's illegal you know" and blablabla...
They deserve their fates , that's all.
They are only protecting their property. As ones of the most popular mascots in the world, the value of each is several billions...
The least that Nintendo or Sega want is to see their beloved mascots being misuse or stolen by others that want to take advantage of they huge success.

blabla
Posts: 17
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 01:15
Contact:

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by blabla » August 22nd, 2013, 02:55

JustBurn wrote:Actually you have like 55KB of space without needing to touch the banking (that's the space for coding, not the ROM file size).
Looks like you're right. I checked and i succesfully got a 23kb rom. Now i can make an adventure game , Youhou !
JustBurn wrote: While zoranc discontinued his compiler, it doesn't mean that you can't add sound.
Sadly your easiest solution is only poking the registers directly (although you can do that in C entirely), not hard to do if you only want to play a few *beep beep* SFXs.
There was much easier solutions but you stated that you hate assembly.
I wish i could earn some assembly just to play some beeps...
If someone there experimented can code me a small demo in C/ASM , i will be glad to use it ! (I'm afraid that's not going to happen...)
JustBurn wrote: They are only protecting their property. As ones of the most popular mascots in the world, the value of each is several billions...
The least that Nintendo or Sega want is to see their beloved mascots being misuse or stolen by others that want to take advantage of they huge success.
I don't agree with you but i think we need stop because i'm afraid it'sgoing to end.

Thanks for your advices !

blabla
Posts: 17
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 01:15
Contact:

Re: New homebrew game - DeathTrap

Post by blabla » October 22nd, 2015, 01:29

Remember that game ?
I felt so good taking on the (C) nazis...

Anyways, i have decided to release the source code to this game :
https://github.com/gameblabla/deathtrap-pm

Of course, if you sue, you lose all your rights to the source.
(and then i can sue you, aha)

Post Reply