A new game written in C

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
zoranc

A new game written in C

Post by zoranc »

First congratulation to all women since today is "The International Day of Woman". Very important thing in my country. For this occasion I would like to present you a small game that I developed in two days more or less.

It is called "Petals Around the Rose" and the name is significant! The number that matches each throw of the dice can be positive even or zero.f you manage to answer at least 6 times the correct number of petals around the rose you are allowed into fellowship of the rose and thus sworn to secrecy!

Heh, maybe its not so secret since I'm providing you the source code too. Without generic screen printing routines and the PM registers header is less than 200 lines of code! That's the power of the high level language like C. It can be compiled with the vbccpm compiler I've provided few months ago. If you have any questions on the source don't hesitate to ask.

It is not polished at all and needs sound, graphics etc. but is already fully playable. So I'd like to hear a feedback from you!

Enjoy it!
Attachments
petals.zip
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
zoranc

Re: A new game written in C

Post by zoranc »

Improved design. Better looking fonts. Separate library with useful functions.
All in all a new version - better on all fronts. As always comments are welcome. Enjoy!
Attachments
petals.zip
2. version with smaller and nicer fonts
(10.4 KiB) Downloaded 761 times
blabla

Post by blabla »

Nobody comment ? Anyway , congratulations zoranc for your game !
A Cool game i must say ! And there's rand !
O MY GAD ! I MAST UPDATE MY GAME !
Your and my game should be added to the homebrew list !
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Oh, neat. Not really replayable once you figure it out but it's always nice to see stuff in C. The more that's written, the more it can expand, after all. Also: "The patals are: " -> "The petals are: "
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

Thanks for the good words. The game needs more polishing to became a homebrew game. Also some animation and music. Not sure if I should add those as it is currently very nice small demo and might help others to write C programs and games. Fixed the spell error, thanks.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Yeah it makes for a nice demo as is. Not sure if it needs bells and whistles. :3