Pokemini for NDS

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
scyther

Pokemini for NDS

Post by scyther »

Hello,
i came across this site while searching for various console related oddities and i must say that this is wonderful. Although there isn't too much activity going on right now, i have a request.
I know that the Pokemini hasn't been updated for like a year, but is there a possibility to fix having to enter time everytime i boot up a cartridge? Also NDS seems great for multiplayer support through Ni-fi like the Gameyob emulator(that's a GBx one).
I hope there is some soulution, becuase it's very annoying to set the time all the time :) I tried all the possible settings and nothing worked, so I suppose it's a bug/not implemented. The latest(5.3) version also sometimes deletes eeprom and when using svestates it throws an error: Invalid internal block.
Anyways thx for any info on this and have a nice day :D
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Re: Pokemini for NDS

Post by JustBurn »

No, multiplayer won't be possible, the NDS port already struggle to emulate 1 Pokémon-Mini, let alone 2 systems with video/audio share over Wi-Fi.

Failure on saving and/or corruption on EEPROM and Savestate sound like a problem with your flashcard, each NDS flashcard have his own DLDI driver, you should try and check if your firmware is the latest for the flash card your using... or check and patch manually a DLDI driver with R/W support if your firmware can't do it automatically.
scyther

Post by scyther »

Thank you for the reply, I only have a lame R4 SDHC now, because my DSTwo got lost. I don't think I can find the DLDI for it, but I am buying a new DSTwo, so I will try there and report back :D
I also found out, that the time is not saved only on my phat NDS, bud the lite one saves fine ?! Don't know why it would happen, maybe because the phat is the special pink mew version( different firmware)?
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

Both Phat and Lite models should be fully compatible via libnds, I can only test with the NDS Lite since that's the only one I have.
PokeMini use the standard C time() to get the current time so I have no clue if something is not working properly there.