Pokémon Mini Graphics Thread

PM development, programming, hacking and all that fun stuff.
KR155E
Admin

Re: Pokémon Mini Graphics Thread

Post by KR155E »

Thanks!
JustBurn wrote: Did VB emulation evolved? Last time i've checked one of the recommended emulators it did had issues and was last updated several years ago (around 2000ish times).
The Mednafen multi-system emulator added support for the VB a few years ago and it is a decent emulator. :) Sound emulation is still not very accurate, though.
JustBurn wrote: Now talking about metroid... did remember an animation that did years ago and was in the old pokemé website:

... completely forgot about it :lol:
That looks very nice! Have you ever considered writing a Metroid clone for the PM? Minitroid comes to mind. :)
Attachments
minitroid.png
minitroid.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 26837 times
JustBurn
Team Pokémé

Post by JustBurn »

KR155E wrote:The Mednafen multi-system emulator added support for the VB a few years ago and it is a decent emulator. :) Sound emulation is still not very accurate, though.
Always the problem of VB emulators seems to be the audio emulation, they are either non-existent or just bad.
KR155E wrote:That looks very nice! Have you ever considered writing a Metroid clone for the PM? Minitroid comes to mind. :)
Nah... too complex, much restrictions, such work, so not-wow.

That Minitroid has cute graphics, those guys took an year developing that and apparently never got a full release, just a demo... i can't imagine how long it will take to remake on a limited 8-bits platform (yea yea... Metroid on NES... but you can't compare a paid team VS hobbyist)
palkone

Post by palkone »

Custom boot sequence
zoranc

Post by zoranc »

palkone wrote:Custom boot sequence
Looks great! May I steal it? ;-)

What does CR/FG mean?
palkone

Post by palkone »

zoranc wrote:Looks great! May I steal it? ;-)
Yes you can ;)
zoranc wrote:What does CR/FG mean?
I just looked at the boot screen from the pokemon mini net home page, I'm not sure what it means, I thinks its a country code? I just checked and most games say something like "TM nintendo"
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

I bet "CR / GF" stands for Creatures & Game Freak, the companies that originally developed the Pokémon franchise.
palkone

Post by palkone »

KR155E wrote:
I bet "CR / GF" stands for Creatures & Game Freak, the companies that originally developed the Pokémon franchise.
Yep I think you're right.