RazorLeafAttack wrote:@Pikpol Do you know what color yours will be? Also is that an indent that goes all the way around the shell where the sticker would be on an official shell? And what the heck, no downward pointing triangle?! How will people aim their carts into the slot lol
mixiekins wrote:Niiiice, that render is pretty slick.
Well, we have access to a printer that can do dual extrusion with a support filament that can be dissolved in water, but it's at my husband's office so we can use it after hours if need be.
We can use a clear resin (or even tinted clear; I personally want clear purple to match my N64 controllers). Not sure off the top of my head if we have clear resin on hand, but we do have black set aside for testing. We're quite a few steps off from making any casts at the moment, as we're waiting on the mail. Once the carts arrive we can take the necessary measurements and update the model to continue development.
Stuff on the checklist:
1) get carts in mail
2) measure carts and update the model to accommodate the programming port
3) add a space for the sticker
4) test if we can include the embossed/engraved DITTO Mini logo
5) make serviceable prints
6) smooth out the surface finish of said prints and buff out any imperfections
7) make both sets of 2-part molds, one set for the face and another set for the rear half of the shell
8) spin some resin casts in the vacuum chamber
Pikpol wrote:I can send you my models if you want?
Send me a message if you want the models
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest