pokemon mini 3d model

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
Post Reply
crossztc
Posts: 55
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 17:36

pokemon mini 3d model

Post by crossztc » March 11th, 2019, 15:25

Hey, guys, my friend scanned a pmmini for me and built a 3d model.

I want to make print case, more color, replacement accessories.

For example, if you lose the battery cover, you can print it out.

But the model has some bugs, and my friend has no time to fix it. :(

Its size is wrong, not 1:1,I tried 3D printing it ,not perfect.

I share it with you free . I hope someone can fix it.

by:translate.google
2.jpg
Attachments
3d.zip
(307.21 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

User avatar
Pikpol
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21st, 2017, 13:37

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by Pikpol » March 11th, 2019, 19:27

Woah nice!!
It looks pretty accurate? And scaling shouldn't be a big problem I think.
I don't have much time as well, unfortunately. But once I have, I'll check it out for sure!
Thank you for sharing.

Sprinter
Posts: 15
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 00:59

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by Sprinter » May 11th, 2019, 18:58

Hi crossztc,

Are you sure that your file includes every part? When i open the file with Fusion 360 I only get the bottom and top Shell without any cutouts nore the Button, battery compartment/cover or Display.

Can you specify what you mean by Bugs? Beside the lack of cutouts i could easily print this (the two halves that i can see in the file) out on my Printer Right away.

crossztc
Posts: 55
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 17:36

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by crossztc » May 11th, 2019, 20:19

Sprinter wrote:Hi crossztc,

Are you sure that your file includes every part? When i open the file with Fusion 360 I only get the bottom and top Shell without any cutouts nore the Button, battery compartment/cover or Display.

Can you specify what you mean by Bugs? Beside the lack of cutouts i could easily print this (the two halves that i can see in the file) out on my Printer Right away.

Hi Sprinter,

Oh no! I'm sorry ! I uploaded the wrong file. I'll update it now. It's all right this time. I hope you can download it and fix it. :mrgreen:
578.PNG
2017-12-30_PM_OK.zip
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

And the "BUG", I mean that: it's not the same size as the original machine. It's some details is wrong, such as the height of the D-PAD, the height of the AB button, the radian of the elliptical screen, and so on.

Its size is not 1:1 with the original machine,so we needs to modify a lot of data to achieve 100% consistency.

Sprinter
Posts: 15
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 00:59

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by Sprinter » May 11th, 2019, 20:55

OK, I will look what I can do, But im also only mediocre with CAD. On my Card Design for example I only follower the chritical mesures, so it fits in the Slot, the Rest makes it only a approach and not an 1:1 Replikation.

But you and your frind have already done most of the work, so I will see what I can contribute.

May I ask: How did you Scan the Body, with what Hardware/Software?

crossztc
Posts: 55
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 17:36

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by crossztc » May 12th, 2019, 10:55

Sprinter wrote:OK, I will look what I can do, But im also only mediocre with CAD. On my Card Design for example I only follower the chritical mesures, so it fits in the Slot, the Rest makes it only a approach and not an 1:1 Replikation.

But you and your frind have already done most of the work, so I will see what I can contribute.

May I ask: How did you Scan the Body, with what Hardware/Software?
Hardware ,3D scanner

First, he scanned the original file.
658.PNG
Then he started modeling according to the scanned data.

Sprinter
Posts: 15
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 00:59

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by Sprinter » May 12th, 2019, 11:25

Very nice, I thought About trying it with Smartphone of newer type, which have a second camera for Depth information. I read that you can achieve quite good scan in combination with the right Software to stitch the Pictures including the depth data together.

Unfortunately I see no new Phone in my reach. Damn you motorola.

crossztc
Posts: 55
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 17:36

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by crossztc » May 12th, 2019, 16:34

Sprinter wrote:Very nice, I thought About trying it with Smartphone of newer type, which have a second camera for Depth information. I read that you can achieve quite good scan in combination with the right Software to stitch the Pictures including the depth data together.

Unfortunately I see no new Phone in my reach. Damn you motorola.
Maybe you need this file, you can use it. :D

https://mega.nz/#!nnpHGIiD!TRipSr49q1rx ... yYdqAFL-XU

Scanned-source-files.zip

Sprinter
Posts: 15
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 00:59

Re: pokemon mini 3d modle

Post by Sprinter » May 13th, 2019, 10:04

I meant in General for scanning purpose, not specific for pokemon mini, but thank you. Maybe it Comes in Handy.

Post Reply