Scans?

The main forum, all general PM related threads go in here.
KR155E
Admin

Scans?

Post by KR155E »

One thing I'd really love to add to the site is scans of game boxes and cartridges. I don't own any PM stuff, though, so I can't do these myself. So... I was wondering if any of our users or staff members is willing to do some high res scans of his/her collection?
YasaSheep

Re: Scans?

Post by YasaSheep »

I was intending to do this with my own years ago but never finished it cause my scanner broke.
However I have a few things.

Downloads page isn't showing up for me so I'm not sure what manuals you have..
The PDFs are from that old ROM site that's not around anymore, but the rest of the stuff is my own items.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1jpdu
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

Thanks Wa, that's a good start. I'll implement a box viewer of some form. Perhaps we should donate a new scanner to you? ;)

Good that you mentioned the broken download page! It's fixed now.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

KR155E wrote:Thanks Wa, that's a good start. I'll implement a box viewer of some form. Perhaps we should donate a new scanner to you? ;)

Good that you mentioned the broken download page! It's fixed now.
Is it? ^^; It's still not working for me (clearing the cache didn't help either).

Well, I'm living with my parents for the time being and they have a scanner, so I could possibly scan the rest I suppose. Granted I don't have every box, just all of the JP ones and an EU one. Maybe a US one? I don't remember. And a couple unit boxes. Well maybe only one unit box, I think some are in a box in my ex's mom's garage still. :( If I'll ever get that back!
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

Wa wrote:Is it? ^^; It's still not working for me (clearing the cache didn't help either).
Oh you got me again, the download lists were only visible for admins. Can you try again now? I have updated the Downloads plugin and this seems to have fixed the issue.
Wa wrote:Well, I'm living with my parents for the time being and they have a scanner, so I could possibly scan the rest I suppose. Granted I don't have every box, just all of the JP ones and an EU one. Maybe a US one? I don't remember. And a couple unit boxes. Well maybe only one unit box, I think some are in a box in my ex's mom's garage still. :( If I'll ever get that back!
D'oh! Not a nice situation, hope you can get your stuff back! Would be cool if you could scan your stuff in as high as possible quality, like 300dpi, 3000x3000 pixels or so. Raw scans are OK, I can do all the post processing. :)
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Sure I'll try to cram it in this weekend. Also yeah I can see the downloads page now. :]

Are the ones I gave you high enough quality or should I rescan?
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

Cool! The scans you sent are not bad, but rescans which higher quality would be great and leave more room for postprocessing the images. The higher the quality, the better. 8-)

Also, can you make sure to scan the box with the cartridge inside? I think the front side looks much nicer than without the cart.
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Sorry. Being all busy. :( And yeah, will do.
EDIT: Urrr, well finals are over on Wednesday? ^^; (Wau~ this forum doesn't show last edited date which is totally relevant so: Last edited on Sun Mar. 11 03:07 PST)
YasaSheep

Post by YasaSheep »

Alright, scanned everything I had on hand (I know I have a EU Puzzle 1 somewhere, and I think I have green and blue US game boxes somewhere).
Anyway, too lazy to chop these up much so here's the raws. (Chopped off some black on a few thinking it might change file size but it didn't so I didn't bother with the rest.)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?733j8yjczwc83am
KR155E
Admin

Post by KR155E »

Great, thanks! I have started editing. :)